Forest Friday, March 6th

The day that we returned to the forest!

 "I am hibernating." -
 "I am making a den." -
 "I am hunting." -
 "I am looking for food." -
  "I am sitting on my nest." -
"I am changing colors." -

In the morning we wrote about what we, as our forest animals, are doing in this late part of winter. Many of us thought about weather our animal is hibernating, migrating, or adapting.

During our play time we explored our forest classroom. There was a lot of ice which made it tricky for us to move quickly.  There was also a lot of wetness!  We found pools of water to explore and also spent time building with sticks and ice.  Some of us found different chunks of ice that looked like different shapes.  - found a chunk that looked like a duck! 

Our snack was sweet and warm.  We had apples that were cooked over the fire with sugar and cinnamon.  And we added some whipped cream for fun! 

Here we are with our before, during, and after snack expressions! 

We took a hike further into the forest to explore.  We saw some signs of animals and enjoyed the sunshine.  Before heading inside we sat in our sit spots and enjoyed being back in our forest classroom.

Comments