Forest Friday, October 25th

The day that we met Justin Case!
(He taught us what we might need in chillier weather, just in case we may get cold).

"I hope to see the garden." - Reasonable Robin
"I hope to play." - Spectacular Squirrel

"I hope to see my rock." - Marvelous Moose
"I hope to see grass." - Strong Salamander

"I hope to build a log cabin." - Outstanding Owl
"I hope to see my little cafe." - Cheery Chipmunk

"I hope to see grass." - Reliable Rabbit
"I hope to see a giant worm." - Dependable Deer

"I hope to see my rock." - Bubbly Beaver
"I hope to see a tree." - Big-Hearted Bear
"I hope to see a tree." - Fantastic Frog

This morning we wrote a page for our forest journals.  We drew our pictures with many details and made sure to match our illustration to our sentence.  To write our sentence we said the words slowly, stretching them out to hear the sounds so that we could write letters.

During play time we chose many fun things to do.  Some of us used team work to build wooden structures.  Others practiced cheers and cheerleading moves.  A lot of us played dinosaurs, hiding, chasing, and running through the woods.

We had four offerings today.  In Mr. Sadowski's station we helped to make snack.  In Mrs. Bergeron's station we cleaned up our forest floor with rakes and collected the leaves into large pumpkin bags.  In Ms. E and Mrs. Luca's station we made leaf ghosts.  In Miss Wetzel's station we read The Three Billy Goat's Gruff and then acted it out.  We needed to create the scene/setting from the book and then choose who wanted to be which characters.

For snack we ate vegetable skewered treats.  We ate brussel sprouts, celeriac, and carrots cooked with bacon and maple syrup.  Some of us came back for more veggies because we liked them so much!

Before we headed inside we went to our sit spots.  We found our rocks and focused on sitting quietly and observing around us.  It was a nice way to end our day outside.

Comments